photo hbhwheader_zpsc129b375.png



 photo home_zps30e07338.png  photo about_zpsa6386335.png  photo recipes_zpseeaa66f1.png  photo fitness_zpsa76cc48f.jpg  photo crafts_zps2772ae8c.png

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Buffalo Shrimp Wrap


This post is a little late but I wanted to share anyways.  Friday we made buffalo shrimp wraps and let me just say they are one of my favorite.  In Wilmington there's a restaurant called Carolina Ale House that made this delicious Shrimp Zinger Wrap which is essentially shrimp tossed in buffalo sauce and rolled up with onion, lettuce, and tomato in a wrap.  When I first ordered it I was a little skeptical because I wasn't sure about shrimp in buffalo sauce, but after one bite I was hooked and new I had to recreate it at home.

The weekend is usually a time where we go a little crazy with junk, go out to eat or pick up something quick so I wanted something "takeout-ish" in order to not feel deprived but still be somewhat healthy, so this was the perfect thing.

And, a while back I found these really cute red baskets and checkered paper in a bbq set at Walmart for only $5 and I am so glad I got it!  Now I can always pretend I am at a diner and make dinner more fun!  A little cheesy I know, but I like thats how I like it.


Buffalo Shrimp Wrap
makes 2 servings

12 medium sized shrimp thawed (I prefer the raw kind I cook myself)
1-2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp of your favorite buffalo wing sauce
2 large 10 inch tortilla wraps
chopped lettuce
sliced tomato
diced red onion
sprinkle of shredded cheese
a little blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping

Cook shrimp in oil until they are fully pink and opaque.  Toss cooked shrimp in buffalo sauce.  Top a tortilla with lettuce, tomato, onion, shrimp and cheese.  Roll it up, and serve with some fries.  EAT!

Wrap Stats:
Calories: 300; Carbs: 39g; Fat: 7g; Protein: 22g; Sugar: 1g; Fiber: 5g
(not including dressing for dipping)

This recipe is a part of my 30 Days of Dinner Challenge.  If you have missed the other days and would like to catch up on what's cookin in my kitchen, check it out!




0 comments:

Post a Comment