photo hbhwheader_zpsc129b375.png



 photo home_zps30e07338.png  photo about_zpsa6386335.png  photo recipes_zpseeaa66f1.png  photo fitness_zpsa76cc48f.jpg  photo crafts_zps2772ae8c.png

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Corn and Black Bean Salsa


The other day I was in the mood for chips and salsa, but the jar of Chi Chi's brand salsa in the fridge wasn't really doing the trick for me so I decided to make this yummy corn and black bean salsa. I love this stuff because it's super cheap and easy to make, not to mention it also makes a ton.  

I like to make a batch of it at the beginning of the week and use it for different meals or snacks each day.  It's so versatile, you can eat it alone, with tortilla chips, on tacos, as a salad topping or even in place of salad dressing.  I'm pretty sure I have had this stuff all those ways I just listed and it's only Wednesday!  I think it's safe to say I am addicted.  Try it!


Corn and Black Bean Salsa Recipe

Here's what you'll need:
1 can yellow corn, drained and rinsed
1 can white corn, drained and rinsed
2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced italian style tomatoes, partially drained
1/4 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (you may want more or less depending on taste)
Juice from 1 lime

Combine all ingredients in large bowl.  Tastes great served chilled or at room temperature, you decide.  Enjoy!

This recipe makes about 12 one half cup servings.

Nutrition: Calories: 110; Carbs: 19g; Fat: 1g; Protien: 6g; Sugar: 5g; Fiber: 6g


0 comments:

Post a Comment