photo hbhwheader_zpsc129b375.png



 photo home_zps30e07338.png  photo about_zpsa6386335.png  photo recipes_zpseeaa66f1.png  photo fitness_zpsa76cc48f.jpg  photo crafts_zps2772ae8c.png

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Texas Roadhouse: Make your own Chicken Critter Salad


Texas Roadhouse has one of the best salad ever, the Chicken Critter salad and if you haven't had it I would highly recommend it.  It's a giant plate of green leaf lettuce topped with chicken fingers, cheese, tomato, onion, egg, and most importantly your dressing of choice.  But why wait to eat this plate of leafy green goodness until your next trip out, make your own at home.

This makes for the perfect lunch to pack for work or on busy nights when I don't feel like cooking anything for dinner.  I usually do all my grocery shopping on the weekend and wash and cut all my veggies for easy meal assembly during the week.  For the chicken, I buy Walmart's Great Value brand frozen breaded chicken bites that you can either bake or microwave, they are very yummy and only run about $5-6 per bag.  I love this salad with ranch dressing, but I am super picky about my ranch.  I cannot stand bottled Ranch of any kind so I go for the Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet that you mix yourself with 1 cup of mayo and 1 cup milk.  Not the most healthy, I know but very delicious.

Chicken Critter Salad at Home:
4 pieces of Walmart Great Value: Frozen Breaded Chicken Bites, cut into small bites
2 cups chopped green leaf lettuce
2 tbsp chopped tomato
2 tbsp chopped green pepper
2 tbsp chopped green onion
2 tbsp shredded cheese
1 chopped hardboiled egg
2 tbsp your favorite dressing

Pile all ingredients on your plate and enjoy!


Salad Stats:
Calories: 348; Carbs: 25g; Fat: 17g; Protein: 17g; Sugar: 5g; Fiber: 3g

With Ranch:
Calories: 449; Carbs: 27g; Fat: 27g; Protein: 18g; Sugar: 6g; Fiber: 3g

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made it at home. I add bacon and cucumber with homemade ranch dressing. It's great.

Post a Comment